korisma

•a fashion and lifestyle blog•

Candice Swanepoel for Vogue Russia






I sincerely apologize for neglecting my blogging duties these past few days. Now, with finals and classes completed, I will try and get back on my game. Hopefully. 

I recently came across this stunning editorial from Vogue Russia featuring Candice Swanepoel. We all know Candice as a beloved Victoria's Secret Angel. From runway shows, to television advertisements and in-store features, the girl's face is everywhere. In spite of her risqué ensembles, the South African beauty has exuded a pretty cookie-cutter, "girl next door" persona in both interviews and past commercial photo shoots. However, this shoot in particular–shot by David Mushegain–sheds a new light on Candice. She inhibits a new found edginess within her fierce gaze. She recognizes that her killer bod is fully covered in exquisite garments, and acts accordingly.  Her poses are strong and powerful as she transitions from the flirtatious world of Victoria's Secret. 
I really love this side of Candice, and am eager to see her step outside the "Angels" bubble in the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment